We value your interest in NorthPoint Development; we respect and share your concern about privacy. So that you understand our policies and your options, we have prepared this policy to explain what information we gather about you when you visit our website and related platforms, how we use it, and the safeguards we have in place to protect it. This policy may be updated from time to time, so check periodically for changes.
Information Collected by NorthPoint Development
General information: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date).
Automatic Information: We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as pages viewed and buttons clicked. Our goals in collecting this automatic information includes helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud.
Another web/mobile bits: We may use local shared objects (also referred to as “flash cookies”), or web beacons (tiny graphics with a unique identifier placed into the code of a web page). We use these technologies to monitor traffic patterns and enhance user experiences. Like other cookies, they can only access personally identifiable information that you have provided on this site, and cannot be accessed by other websites.
We Protect Your Information
We want you to feel confident about using this website, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. We implement a variety of security measures. Only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. We use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. Following a transaction, your private information (credit cards, phone number, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
This is a general audience website and does not offer services directed to children. Should we receive a request from a child whom we know to be under 13, we will use any personal information provided by the child for the sole purpose of responding once directly to that child’s request and then will delete the personal information. If we otherwise gain actual knowledge that a child under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to us, we will immediately delete this information.
How Information May Be Used or Shared
This website may share your information with the following entities and circumstances:
- Trusted third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or contests, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring to websites. If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Companies within our corporate family.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
Reviews, Comments and Other Submissions
We appreciate hearing from you. Please be aware that by submitting content to this website by electronic mail, postings on this website or otherwise, photographs, video, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or the like contained in any submissions (collectively, “submissions”), you (a) grant NorthPoint Development and our affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such submissions throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; and (b) grant us and our affiliates and sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such Submission if they choose.
You are fully responsible for the content of your submissions, (specifically including, but not limited to, reviews posted to this website). You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this website: (i) any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other material or content that would violate rights of publicity and/or privacy or that would violate any law; (ii) any commercial material or content (including, but not limited to, solicitation of funds, advertising, or marketing of any good or units); and (iii) any material or content that infringes, misappropriates or violates any copyright, trademark, patent right or other proprietary right of any third party. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any violation of the foregoing restrictions, or any other harm resulting from your posting of content to this website. You acknowledge that NorthPoint Development has the right to control (e.g. use, publish, remove) any content you submit without notice to you.
Notices with respect to this website should be sent to:
NorthPoint Development, 3315 N Oak Trafficway, Kansas City, MO 64116
We will review and address all notices that comply with the policies above.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that you may be liable for damages if you make a false claim of privacy violations.